Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Seth Godin's 56 ways to drive traffic to your blog


One of the things that I've noticed was that bloggers who have very popular blogs do not post on weekends. I have no conclusive proof of this but I have noticed that there are more hits on my sites during weekdays. So if you have breaking news, its best to do so on weekdays. Reading Senth Godin's blog post on 56 ways to drive traffic to your blog seems to indicate that what I felt all along was correct (see point no. 41 of Seth's blog post).

The other thing I noticed was that if you submit stories to digg on weekends, they tend not to make it into the front page. Somehow there are less readers to digg your story, and because of that the secret digging algorithm sort of relegates your story to the end of the digg queue after a couple of days.

The other thing I noticed was that if you announced breaking news (e.g. the advent of Google Spreadsheets) you will get a substantial increase in traffic to your blog. This again was confirmed in point no. 8 of Seth's blog post.

Seth's 56 ways is certainly a list seemingly full of contradictions, humour and good advice. A must-read for all bloggers.

No comments:

Google
 
Web chris-open-book.blogspot.com