Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Nokia to offer Google Talk on Web tablet-sources

Now this is what I have been waiting for ! An internet tablet that is smaller than a laptop, but larger than the screen on a smartphone. Take a look at this cool gadget from Nokia, the Nokia 770. WiFi hotspots are now sprouting up all over the place. You can find them in many cities round the world, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, etc. You find them in McDonalds, StarBucks, airports, shopping centres, etc.

What I really don't like is to drag and lug around my laptop, wait 5 minutes for it to boot up, and then launch my Firefox, just to have a quick catch up on my emails or websites. Wouldn't it be really cool if I just whip out my Nokia 770, turn it on in 5 secs, and then get on with my surfing? Wouldn't it be even more cool to call someone over Skype or Google Talk using the tablet ? This is revolutionary because it sure is cheaper than doing an IDD call overseas.

I believe that internet tablets the size of BlackBerries, or slightly larger, will have a major impact on our lives. I can just use it anywhere I like, anytime, without the painful experience of booting up a laptop.

My dream machine !

No comments:

Google
 
Web chris-open-book.blogspot.com